Sunday 30 October 2016

Implementation and Evaluation

I like the suggestion of Quin, Amer, Lonie et al (2012) who recommend the use of change management principles when implementing a new learning strategy. And this makes complete sense. You have to expect that there might be resistance to the suggested change(s) that you are proposing. Can you pre-empt this resistance and thus pre-plan for it? I think this will be a key element to address before implementation of the new learning strategy. In relation to my project, this will entail a discussion with the student group to clarify the outcome of the module, and help them understand how this specific learning activity will contribute towards the bigger outcome. Also, by ensuring that I include multiple stakeholder views within my Analysis phase, hopefully this will enable a bigger buy-in from all groups affected.

A survey is certainly the easiest to get feedback from all concerned about the pertinent elements following the implementation. I also wonder if focus group discussions would be useful especially with specific student groups to unpack information in more detail if themes are identified.

But I also think that perhaps until it is actually implemented, the discussions can only be theoretical, and perhaps you will learn the most by actually doing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment